Napa Valley Wine Train from San Francisco: Gourmet Lunch, Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ferry Building Marketplace, 1 Ferry Building The Embarcadero at Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94111-4209
Head to the Ferry Building in San Francisco on the morning of your tour. Depending on the day you select, you’ll take the ferry (Mon-Fri) or a bus (Sat-Sun) to Vallejo, where you’ll then hop on a shuttle and travel north to Napa.
Pass By: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry Street, Napa, CA 94559-1925
Board the Napa Valley Wine Train in downtown Napa and journey north through beautiful Napa Valley wine country. You'll be served a gourmet 3-course lunch prepared to your specifications from the highly acclaimed onboard restaurant, which uses fresh ingredients, sustainable produce, humanely raised meats and line-caught or farmed fish (see below for a sample menu).
Choose from three different itineraries, listed below. Please check in 30 minutes prior to departure. All transfers and tastings are included. After your winery tour and train ride, you'll be taken back to San Francisco.
Appetizer (choose one)
• Baby lettuce salad with candied walnuts and smoked goat cheese in a honey cider vinaigrette
• Soup du jourMain Course (choose one)
• Roasted beef tenderloin on a black truffle potato cake with onion and cambozola cheese
• Grilled pork tenderloin stuffed with wild mushroom polenta on vegetables in a truffle port reduction sauce
• Coriander chicken breast in a wild mushroom pappardelle pasta with pesto
• Grilled salmon on fingerling potatoes and sautéed baby spinach in a coconut curry broth topped with a calamari salad
• Winter squash polenta with a spinach-ricotta portabella and yam-stuffed pepper in a tomato-basil coulisDessert
• Changes dailyDrinks
• One glass of wine (Valley First option only)
• Coffee and tea
• Espresso, cappuccino, soft drinks, juices and mineral water (additional cost)
- Round-trip ferry or bus transport between San Francisco and Vallejo
- Round-trip shuttle transport between Vallejo and Napa Valley Wine Train
- 3-course lunch on board
- Wine tastings
- Winery tour
- Coffee, tea and water
- Server gratuities (recommended)
- Soft drinks, juice and alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Dress code is smart casual
- Any reserved seats not claimed within 10 minutes prior to departure may be released for resale
- Duration of tour is based on an approximate basis and does not include travel time
- Not wheelchair or scooter accessible
The train was great. The food was excellent. BUT THE SERVER? About as 5 star as it gets. What GREAT service. Made the entire trip and well spent time. Should have done this sooner.
This was such a wonderful tour for my bday! The train, the food and amazing staff. Then the winery ...wow. Amazing vino and grounds. Excellent from beginning to end. Our bus driver made the tour...the fires broke out that evening so sad as he was from Santa Rosa..hope he and the family were fine.
amazing excursion there is nothing we would change great crew on train and informative
This was a good trip but not one that I would recommend. We waited at the Napa train for 1 1/2 hours after our train ride and tour of Raymond vineyards. The tour and tasting was informative. At the station we asked repeatedly if we could access the shuttle to the ferry earlier because we did not want to shop in Vallejo which is a small town. We were told we had to wait until other tours arrived. About 15 minutes before the 4:00PM scheduled shuttle departure I went outside and saw the shuttle. About 5 minutes later one of the reservation persons came out and said there are no other guests and we could have left earlier. The shuttle attendant had been there for over an hour! Certainly not well coordinated. The train ride was fine. Food excellent. Just a lot of ferrying, shuttling, waiting. I think a bus tour would have been easier and a more efficient way to accomplish this tour.
Excellent! I am glad I did not miss it.