Family Tour: Essential Lisbon
In a fun way, you and your kids will get to know the neighborhoods of Baixa, Bica, Bairro Alto and Chiado while walking through the various districts. Hear some of the fascinating stories that are being told about Lisbon and its inhabitants, the ‘alfacinhas’ (little lettuce heads, as they are called). Learn about the most important symbols of the city and biggest events in Lisbon’s history: the conquest of the city, the Discoveries, the big earthquake, 'Carnation Revolution', and the ones that have contributed to build the city which exists today. Your guide will also talk about the typical cobbled stone pavement and the ceramic tiles in a fun and engaging way.
In this tour, you'll be on-foot traveling through the city center, climbing and descending hills and taking a ride on a traditional elevator (Bica elevator).
- Family and kids activities, including child-friendly explanation and information
- Private family walking tour
- Local guide
- Tram tour
- Entry/Admission - Elevador da Bica
- Hotel pickup ad drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A minimum of 3 people (2 adults + 1 child or 1 adult + 2 child) per booking is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Although it is very interesting, the city pavement can become very irregular. Also, because the city has many sloped streets (Lisbon is known as the city of 7 hills), it might become a bit difficult for baby strollers and pushchairs. If you need to bring one, make sure it is a light, thin one. Baby carriers, back carriers or woven wraps & slings are a good option for babies and toddlers
- Make sure you and the kids wear comfortable clothes and shoes. A coat or a sweater might be useful even in summer time, because it gets cold after sunset. In summertime, don't forget to bring a hat and sunglasses for all (Lisbon is known by its fantastic bright sunlight) and make sure you apply sunscreen before starting the tour. In winter or rainy weather, don't forget to bring a raincoat
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
The tour is very well designed to be suitable for the children. My daughter was very engaged in the activities. We also got chance to know Lisbon better.
Little Lisbon Tours with Maria was excellent. We picked the Essential Lisbon tour which focused on symbols. Maria was friendly, knowledgeable, and great with our shy 8 year old son. We learned lots about the city and felt confident to navigate and explore on our own after her introduction. She showed us places that we may not have found otherwise. The tour included trivia, scavenger hunts, a tram ride, and a special snack. Highly recommend!!