Downhill Bike Tour: Tuscan Hills and Typical Lunch
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: We Like Tuscany, Via del Campuccio, 88, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
the starting point, we jump on the vehicle from here for a 40 minutes ride to the top of a mountain!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Convento di Montesenario, Via di Montesenario, 3474/A, 50036 Bivigliano, Vaglia FI, Italy
This is a beautiful monastery on the top of a sacred hill. It as been founded centuries ago by the famous 7 saints of Florence.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Mino, Fiesole Italy
Fiesole is a beautiful Etruscan town with a history that dates back even before Florence was built. You will have amazing views of Florence from the top!
Duration: 15 minutes
- Wine tasting
- Lunch - 2-course lunch
- Tour escort/host
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Private transportation
- Wine and olive oil available to purchase
- Add electric bike for 35€
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress appropriately for riding a bike all day (bring an extra wind jacket in case it gets windy in the afternoon)
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers (two people) apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
My husband and I were the only two on the tour, and our guide was perfectly happy and enthusiastic to share his knowledge. It is a well thought out day and we ended up buying some olive oil at the farmhouse, after sampling it at the restaurant. We also bought a bottle at the monastery, Bring a backpack with you.
Best tour of the week. Down hill through the Tuscan hills and then through Florence with a stop for a wonderful lunch. Our guide Freddy was great, very knowledgeble and with the small groups plenty of time to talk. Every one we met from the tour company was friendly .Worth every penny. Good choice to take the down hill trip for moderate bikers. Nice day... Hats off to Freddy
After dragging my poor husband through 3 days of museums, this trip was a very welcome break! The tour was definitely one of the highlights of our fabulous Florence vacation. Lunch was extra-special, the view from Fiesole unforgettable, and the relaxing bike ride was just what we needed. Many thanks to Jacope, Johnny and Bill for an entertaining and informative day. We'll definitely be back .... cheers from Germany!
Best thing we did in Florence and that's according to the kids : Had a great lunch with wine included! Their Bruschettas were the best we had in Italy. Ravioli was also very good. There were 14 of us in the group/family, and our guides Joseph and Bill handled us well. Great way to spend your free day in Florence.